British National (Overseas): British Nationality

Home Office written question – answered at on 24 May 2024.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Marie Rimmer Marie Rimmer Labour, St Helens South and Whiston

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if he will take steps with Cabinet colleagues to support people from Hong Kong with British National (Overseas) visas to apply for British citizenship to help ensure they are able to access pensions managed by (a) HSBC and (b) other UK-based pension providers.

Photo of Tom Pursglove Tom Pursglove Minister of State (Minister for Legal Migration and Delivery)

It has not proved possible to respond to the hon. Member in the time available before Prorogation.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.