Rivers: Sewage

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered at on 2 May 2024.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Selous Andrew Selous The Second Church Estates Commissioner, The Second Church Estates Commissioner

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, whether planning authorities are required to undertake checks to prevent the discharge of sewage or dirty mains water into rivers from individual (a) residential and (b) commercial properties.

Photo of Robbie Moore Robbie Moore The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

The National Planning Policy Framework outlines the expectations for water-compatible development, which should make sufficient provision for water supply and pumping stations, wastewater, waste management and flood control infrastructure.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.