Roads: Safety

Department for Transport written question – answered at on 22 April 2024.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Rosindell Andrew Rosindell Conservative, Romford

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether the Government supports local authorities in their provision of (a) lollipop men and women and (b) other road safety measures for children.

Photo of Guy Opperman Guy Opperman Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport)

The provision of the school crossing patrol service is a matter for the local authority. Legislation gives local authorities the power to make arrangements for the patrolling of places where children cross roads, on their way to or from school, but does not impose a duty on them to do so.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.