Non-departmental Public Bodies: Overseas Workers

Cabinet Office written question – answered at on 21 February 2024.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Naseby Lord Naseby Conservative

To ask His Majesty's Government what guidance they have issued to non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs) concerning requests from staff in those organisations to work overseas; and in which circumstances NDPBs are expected to agree to such requests.

Photo of Baroness Neville-Rolfe Baroness Neville-Rolfe Minister of State (Cabinet Office)

The government does not issue guidance to non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs) on temporary working from non-UK locations. Departments have delegated policy responsibility concerning requests from staff in NDPBs to work overseas. However, they must comply with FCDO and other regulatory requirements when posting employees overseas permanently, travelling overseas for business and considering requests from employees to work temporarily overseas. Departments work with their own arm’s length body (ALB) when considering requests from staff in NDPBs to work overseas.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.