Floods: Nottinghamshire

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered at on 16 January 2024.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Darren Henry Darren Henry Conservative, Broxtowe

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps his Department is taking to help support (a) businesses and (b) homeowners who were affected by the recent flooding in Nottinghamshire.

Photo of Robbie Moore Robbie Moore The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

On Saturday 6th January the Government announced a significant package of support that will be available to areas in England that have experienced exceptional localised flooding as a result of Storm Henk.

The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities has activated the Flood Recovery Framework and its package of support measures include;

  • Community Recovery Grant: Eligible Local Authorities will receive funding equivalent to £500 per flooded household to support local recovery efforts.
  • Business Recovery Grant: DBT may provide eligible Local Authorities up to £2,500 per eligible small and medium-sized enterprise (SME), which has suffered severe impacts from flooding that cannot be recovered from insurance.
  • Council Tax Discount: The Government will reimburse eligible Local Authorities for the cost of a 100% council tax discount for a minimum of three months.

Following approval from Defra’s Secretary of State, Defra has now also activated the Property Floods Resilience (PFR) Grant scheme and the Farming Recovery Fund.

The PFR Scheme is a package of funding for property owners directly flooded by a specific weather event that grants them up to £5,000 per property to install PFR measures. The Farming Recovery Fund pays out to farmers with uninsurable damage for grants of up to £25,000 for repair and reinstatement costs.

The PFR Scheme will be administered through local authorities, who will confirm application process to eligible households and businesses in the coming weeks.

Nottinghamshire County Council are eligible for the scheme and households and businesses interested in funding may contact them directly.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.