Visas: Sudan

Home Office written question – answered at on 29 November 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kerry McCarthy Kerry McCarthy Shadow Minister (Climate Change and Net Zero)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if his Department will take steps to support Sudanese nationals who were given six-month Leave Outside The Rules and whose visas are expiring to extend their leave to remain.

Photo of Robert Jenrick Robert Jenrick The Minister for Immigration

Where a person who has been given leave outside the rules but is unable to return home they should apply for an extension of leave. Further information about applying for an extension can be found at

Each case will be assessed on its merits. If they are unable to afford the fee then a fee waiver application can be made. Details about fee waivers can be found at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.