Sexual Offences: Exploitation

Home Office written question – answered at on 13 November 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matt Vickers Matt Vickers Conservative, Stockton South

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what steps her Department is taking to help women who have experienced adult sexual exploitation.

Photo of Sarah Dines Sarah Dines The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

The Government is fully committed to protecting victims from, and tackling, the devastating harm associated with adult sexual exploitation.

Adult sexual exploitation can occur across a spectrum of offending, from intimate partner violence, including domestic abuse and rape and sexual violence to serious and organised crime, including human trafficking. These offences are covered under a range of legislation.

Due to the complex nature of adult sexual exploitation, victims can access tailored support across different services depending on the harm they have experienced.

The Home Office is providing £1.36 million over three years to Changing Lives for their Net-Reach project, providing early intervention and targeted support for women and girls at high-risk of commercial online exploitation and the risk on online sexual harm. We are also providing over £180,000 in 2023/24 to Trevi Women to provide support to women with complex and multiple needs, including women seeking to exit on-street prostitution in Plymouth.

The Government funded Modern Slavery Victim Care Contract also provides victims of modern slavery access to safehouse accommodation and a dedicated support worker who provides information on their rights and facilitates access to wider statutory support services, specifically related to the victim’s experience – this can be gender specific, such as assistance with accessing sexual health services as a result of sexual exploitation.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.