Asylum: Hong Kong

Home Office written question – answered at on 26 October 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Kinnock Stephen Kinnock Shadow Minister (Home Office) (Immigration)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, whether people from Hong Kong with a pending asylum claim are allowed to transfer onto the British National (Overseas) visa scheme if they have become eligible since its expansion on 30 November 2022.

Photo of Robert Jenrick Robert Jenrick The Minister for Immigration

In most cases, a person with a pending asylum claim can make an application to the Hong Kong British National (Overseas) (BN(O)) route. However, all applications need to meet the relevant requirements to be granted, including the suitability requirements.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.