Department for Transport written question – answered at on 23 October 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paula Barker Paula Barker Shadow Minister (Levelling Up, Housing, Communities and Local Government)

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what personal information on (a) vehicle owners and (b) registered keepers can be provided to private parking enforcement companies through the KADOE system.

Photo of Richard Holden Richard Holden Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport)

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) records the details of UK vehicles and their registered keepers. The DVLA does not record owners of vehicles.

In response to requests from private parking companies received via the keeper at date of event service, the DVLA provides the name and address of the registered keeper. The vehicle registration number is also quoted back to the requestor.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.