Public Houses: Licensing

Home Office written question – answered at on 19 September 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Matt Vickers Matt Vickers Conservative, Stockton South

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, if she will bring forward legislation to enable pubs to serve take away pints permanently.

Photo of Chris Philp Chris Philp The Minister of State, Home Department

In order to continue to support the hospitality sector, the Government recently announced the extension of the temporary off-sales regulatory easement - set out in the Business and Planning Act 2020 - until 31 March 2025. This extension enables holders of licences that only cover ‘on sales’ to continue to sell alcohol for consumption off the premises, including ‘takeaway pints’, for a further 18 months.

The Government is considering next steps and continues to keep the Licensing Act 2003 under review.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.