Buildings: Insulation

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 6 September 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Hilary Benn Hilary Benn Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, whether he plans to offer financial assistance to businesses that may have lost trade because their building is covered in scaffolding in order to repair unsafe cladding.

Photo of Lee Rowley Lee Rowley Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

Government building safety schemes provide funding for the remediation or mitigation of life safety fire risks associated with externally clad walls, ensuring the safety of all occupants, including co-located businesses. While there is no additional funding for businesses affected by necessary remediation works, we do expect companies in these buildings to be consulted about proposed repairs. We also require construction companies funded to carry out this work to comply with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, through which they work to manage the impact on the local community and the environment.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.