Almshouses: Planning

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 11 September 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Siobhain McDonagh Siobhain McDonagh Labour, Mitcham and Morden

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, what guidance his Department issues to local planning authorities on support for almshouses that are not Regulated Social Landlords under the terms of section 106 affordable housing.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

The department does not issue guidance to local planning authorities specifically on this matter. It is up to local planning authorities to determine what contributions should be sought through Section 106 agreements, in line with statutory tests on their use set out in regulation 122 of the Community Infrastructure Regulations 2010. The department has published guidance on planning obligations to support local authorities with their use.

As part of the National Planning Policy Framework consultation between 22 December 2022 and 2 March 2023, we sought views on how we can help bring forward more community-led housing, including almshouses. We expect to publish a response to the consultation this Autumn.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.