Supported Housing: Planning

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 7 September 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Judith Cummins Judith Cummins Labour, Bradford South

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, pursuant to the Answer of 5 July 2023 to Question 191359 on Housing: Disability and Older People, what guidance his Department published in 2019 for local authorities on (a) assessing the size, type and tenure of housing needed for different groups in the community and (b) planning for those who require supported housing.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

In 2019, the government published Guidance on Housing for Older and Disabled People, to help local authorities plan for the housing needs of these groups.

Among other things, this guidance set out the range of needs local authorities should assess, as well as the evidence that local authorities can consider when identifying the housing needs of older and disabled people.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.