Special Educational Needs

Department for Education written question – answered at on 7 July 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Maynard Paul Maynard Conservative, Blackpool North and Cleveleys

To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether it is her policy that (a) education investment areas and (b) priority education investment areas should employ a special educational needs co-ordinator by 2024.

Photo of Claire Coutinho Claire Coutinho The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

Education Investment Areas (EIAs), including the subset of them that are Priority Education Investment Areas, are places where the department is prioritising a package of activity to raise standards. EIAs are not public bodies and do not employ any staff. Local authorities in these areas are required to publish and maintain a clear, accessible local offer of services to support children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities and to support their families. A SEN coordinator (SENCO) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a school's SEN policy.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.