Housing Revenue Accounts

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 29 March 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rachael Maskell Rachael Maskell Labour/Co-operative, York Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, what assessment he has made of trends in the level of the use of the Housing Revenue Account by (a) City of York Council and (b) other local authorities; and what steps he is taking to encourage local authorities to apply to that fund to supporting housing growth in their authority areas.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

The Housing Revenue Account (HRA) is not a centrally administered fund that local authorities can draw on. It is a ring fenced account within the authority's general fund, where it accounts for and records income and expenditure relating to its council housing stock. Any local housing authority with more than 200 homes is required to maintain an HRA.

Overall delivery of new affordable homes in each local authority by provider is published here.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.