Valuation Office Agency: Publications

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 23 March 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rachael Maskell Rachael Maskell Labour/Co-operative, York Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, if he will take steps to ensure that Valuation Office reports are (a) referred to in all planning processes and (b) published for each development site.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

A local planning authority (LPA) may appoint the VOA on a contractual basis to provide it with a viability assessment in respect of, for example, a specific development site where the LPA is seeking to apply a section 106 planning obligation on a developer for the provision of local infrastructure or affordable housing. Government guidance is clear that any such viability assessment, undertaken by the VOA or any other party, should be prepared on the basis that it will be made publicly available other than in exceptional circumstances, where an executive summary should be made publicly available instead.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.