Housing: Construction

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 17th March 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Rachael Maskell Rachael Maskell Labour/Co-operative, York Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, whether he plans to take steps to adjust house building targets to accommodate people granted refugee status.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean The Minister of State, Home Department, Minister of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

When preparing local plans, local authorities should make a realistic assessment of the number of homes their communities need. Local authorities should also assess the size, type and tenure of housing needed for different groups in the community and reflect this in their planning policies.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.