Medicine: Higher Education

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 25 January 2023.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Rose of Monewden Lord Rose of Monewden Conservative

To ask His Majesty's Government which universities are offering medical school places to overseas students only; and how many students are enrolled on those courses in the current academic year.

Photo of Lord Markham Lord Markham The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Brunel University is the only university which exclusively offers medical places to overseas students. The information requested on enrolment is not collected centrally. The medical school at Brunel University is not required to report the intake data as it is a private and independent provider of undergraduate medical education and does not receive any funding from the Office for Students or Health Education England.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.