Social Security Benefits: Terminal Illnesses

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 30th November 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Peter Gibson Peter Gibson Conservative, Darlington

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if there is a facility for a third party to submit an SR1 form on behalf of a claimant.

Photo of Tom Pursglove Tom Pursglove The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

The SR1 form can only be completed by a registered clinician such as; a GP, a hospital consultant, a specialty doctor, a hospice doctor, a senior specialist nurse (such as clinical nurse specialist, advanced nurse practitioner or similar).

Registered clinicians can return the SR1 form directly to the DWP by email or by post. Alternatively, the claimant can return a completed SR1 by post to the relevant address provided on the form.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.