Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors: Sexual Dysfunction

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 25th November 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Steve McCabe Steve McCabe Labour, Birmingham, Selly Oak

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether his Department plans to undertake research into the (a) causes of and (b) treatments for post-SSRI sexual dysfunction.

Photo of Will Quince Will Quince Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

The Department funds health and care research through the National Institute for Health And Care Research (NIHR). The NIHR has funded studies into sexual dysfunction and use of antipsychotic drugs or antidepressant medication. This includes a review to understand the management of sexual dysfunction where participants were taking antidepressant medication or antipsychotic medication. Subject to receiving high quality applications, the NIHR expects to commission a new Policy Research Unit dedicated to reproductive health. The new unit will undertake research to inform policy in areas such as contraception, with user experience highlighted as a theme for this research. Applications are currently being reviewed with the unit expected to be operational from January 2024.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.