Rented Housing: Energy

Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy written question – answered on 29th November 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tim Loughton Tim Loughton Conservative, East Worthing and Shoreham

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, when he plans to publish how households who are not eligible for the Energy Bills Support Scheme because they pay for their energy as part of their rent or service charge or are on alternative fuel arrangements will receive the equivalent support.

Photo of Graham Stuart Graham Stuart Minister of State (Minister for Climate)

Customers who have a direct domestic electricity supply with a licensed electricity supplier are eligible for the Energy Bills Support Scheme (EBSS). The Government has legislated to ensure landlords pass through support provided by EBSS to households paying for energy through a rent or service charge.

Under Ofgem’s Maximum Resale Price rules, landlords with a domestic contract with an energy supplier are required not to charge tenants more than they have paid suppliers for the energy.

EBSS Alternative Funding will provide equivalent support for households who will not be reached through EBSS. Eligibility, timescales and delivery method will be announced shortly.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.