Regional Planning and Development

Treasury written question – answered on 23rd November 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chi Onwurah Chi Onwurah Shadow Minister (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer, with reference to the oral contribution of the Chancellor of the Exchequer of 17 November 2022, Official Report, col. 854, how he defines left-behind areas; and what specific financial support he will provide for those areas.

Photo of John Glen John Glen The Chief Secretary to the Treasury

With regards to Investment Zones, the Department for Levelling Up Housing and Communities will work with local stakeholders to determine the most appropriate locations for Investment Zones and develop a package of interventions, which will be announced in due course. More generally, the government already offers support to a wide range of left-behind places through the Levelling Up Fund and Towns Fund, each of which has its own public allocation methodology.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.