Ministry of Justice written question – answered on 18th November 2022.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, if his Department holds data on the number of prosecutions under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 in 2021.
The Ministry of Justice publishes information on the number of defendants prosecuted for offences under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, in 2021, in the Outcomes by Offence data tool.
Navigate to the ‘Prosecutions and Convictions’ tab and use the HO offence code filter to select the following offences:
- 09701 - Causing, permitting or failing to prevent unnecessary suffering of protected animal
- 09702 - Carrying out, permitting, causing to be carried out or failing to prevent prohibited procedure on a protected animal
- 09705 - Offences relating to animal fights
- 10829 - Causing, permitting or failing to prevent unnecessary suffering (Reclassified)
- 10830 - Carrying out, permitting, causing to be carried out or failing to prevent prohibited procedure on a protected animal (Reclassified)
- 10831 - Removing or causing or permitting or failing to prevent removal of dog’s tail other than for medical treatment (Reclassified)
- 10832 - Administration of poisons etc to a protected animal (Reclassified)
- 10834 - Failing to ensure needs of animal are met as required by good practice
- 10836 - Carrying on activity without authority of S.13 licence or carrying on unregistered S.13 activity concerning Animal Welfare Act 2006
Yes0 people think so
No0 people think not
Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.