Care Homes

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 1st November 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Desmond Swayne Desmond Swayne Conservative, New Forest West

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps he is taking to help increase the availability of residential places in social care settings.

Photo of Helen Whately Helen Whately Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

Under the Care Act local authorities are responsible for making sure the care needs of their residents are met but it is clear that they are struggling.

That is why we have set up a £1.4 billion fund for local authorities to use to meet their duties under the care act – and to make sure they are paying the fair cost of care to care homes and agencies.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.