Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered at on 31 October 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kate Kniveton Kate Kniveton Conservative, Burton

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps he is taking to help support people recovering from drug and alcohol addiction into work.

Photo of Mims Davies Mims Davies The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

DWP offers a range of tailored support to help individuals recovering from a dependency move into work.

The Individual Placement and Support for Drug and Alcohol Dependency programme blends intensive job-search and in-work support with clinical treatment to enable individuals with a dependency to overcome barriers to employment. IPS teams are currently operating in 46 Local Authority areas and the programme will rolled out to Local Authorities in England by 2025.

Individuals with a history of drug or alcohol dependence can also receive tailored support from our dedicated work coaches, such as the adjustment of Universal Credit work-search requirements and access to the Access to Work grant for any adaptations required in the workplace. They are also able to gain priority access to the Work and Health Programme, which supports people to enter and stay in work.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.