Terminal Illnesses: Terminal Illnesses

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered at on 8 September 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Emma Lewell-Buck Emma Lewell-Buck Labour, South Shields

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what the cost of DS1500 forms is for patients; and from where patients can obtain that form.

Photo of Julie Marson Julie Marson The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Assistant Whip

Most claims made under the Special Rules for End of Life (SREL) are supported by a short medical evidence form, called either the SR1 or DS1500, completed by a clinician who is involved in their care. People nearing the end of their life are not required to pay for these forms or for their clinician to fill them out on their behalf. Patients can request one free of charge from a registered clinician such as a GP, hospital consultant, hospice doctor or a senior nurse involved in their care.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.