Genito-urinary Medicine: Monkeypox

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 24th June 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Diana R. Johnson Diana R. Johnson Chair, Home Affairs Committee, Chair, Home Affairs Committee

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what additional support he is providing to sexual health services to deal with the increase in demand related to monkeypox.

Photo of Maggie Throup Maggie Throup The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Public health guidance advises individuals who are concerned about potential exposure to monkeypox to contact NHS 111 or the local sexual health service to receive an assessment. The UK Health Security Agency has provided guidance to healthcare workers, including those working in sexual health services on conducting this assessment and advice on personal protective equipment. Pre-exposure vaccination for staff working in sexual health services who have been identified as assessing suspected cases is also recommended.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.