Healthy Start Scheme

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 20th June 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mick Whitley Mick Whitley Labour, Birkenhead

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether persons who have been wrongly classified as being ineligible for the Healthy Start Scheme but who have subsequently made successful appeals are eligible for financial compensation.

Photo of Maggie Throup Maggie Throup The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

The NHS Business Services Authority has resolved the recent issue where some applicants to the Healthy Start scheme were incorrectly advised that they were ineligible. In these instances, applicants should contact the NHS Business Services Authority to request assistance in joining the scheme and to obtain any potential backdated payment owed. A backdated payment will only be made where the applicant is able to demonstrate a claim was attempted and they were eligible at the time of the application.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.