Veterans: Medical Records

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 17th June 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Luke Pollard Luke Pollard Shadow Minister (Defence)

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the Answer of 7 June 2022 to Question 9141 on Veterans: Medical Records, what procedures are in place to ensure effective transfer of medical records for service personnel who retire overseas including Commonwealth personnel returning to their country of origin.

Photo of Leo Docherty Leo Docherty Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (jointly with the Ministry of Defence)

To ensure continuity of care, the transfer of healthcare information is facilitated for all regular military personnel when they leave the Armed Forces. A number of documents are given in an envelope to the Service person to pass onto their civilian GP. This includes the FMED 133 (a summary of the individual's service medical history), the immediate electronic Integrated Healthcare Record summary of care and any relevant referral letters or results.

Personnel intending to reside and receive healthcare abroad are encouraged to register with a provider and provide them a copy of their FMED 133.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.