Personal Independence Payment

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 26th May 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bambos Charalambous Bambos Charalambous Shadow Minister (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what her Department advises to existing claimants of Personal Independence Payments in the event that their condition has worsened but an assessment review for a higher rate has not been carried out as a result of an award being close to ending.

Photo of Chloe Smith Chloe Smith Assistant Whip, The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions

We advise claimants to report any relevant change of circumstances which may affect their award. When a claimant reports a change in their needs, they will be sent a form which asks for details of how their condition or conditions has changed and how it affects them. Claimants are also asked to provide any additional evidence they may have.

The case will then be reviewed and if it is decided that an increase in PIP is applicable, the increased award will be made from the date the change in condition occurred, regardless of when the previous award was due to end.

Change of Circumstances cases are monitored to prevent payment ending before a review has taken place.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.