Refugees: English Language

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities written question – answered on 25th May 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Caroline Ansell Caroline Ansell Conservative, Eastbourne

To ask the Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, whether his Department will publish further guidance for public and private providers of English language learning on how they can supply their services to local authorities to support Ukrainian refugees; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Eddie Hughes Eddie Hughes Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)

English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) is funded through the Adult Education Budget (AEB) and the Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). Authorities, colleges and training providers have the flexibility to use their AEB/ESFA to meet the needs of their communities.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.