Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

Ministry of Defence written question – answered on 19th May 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephanie Peacock Stephanie Peacock Shadow Minister (Defence)

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what support is available for people who are required to pay for consultant grade mental health diagnoses in order to claim compensation from Veterans UK.

Photo of Leo Docherty Leo Docherty Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (jointly with the Ministry of Defence)

A consultant's report obtained through the NHS should not incur a cost. If an individual chooses to seek this through private healthcare, that is a personal choice.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.