England Infected Blood Support Scheme: Veterans

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 17th March 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Ian Lavery Ian Lavery Labour, Wansbeck

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, whether the Government has communicated the right to claim from the England Infected Blood Support scheme to veterans who were infected with hepatitis C and/or HIV in a British Military Hospital.

Photo of Maria Caulfield Maria Caulfield The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

There have been no specific communications. Information about the England Infected Blood Support Scheme (EIBSS), including eligibility, is available on the NHS Business Service Authority’s website. The NHS Business Services Authority also works with a range of charities which support those infected with HIV or hepatitis C to signpost potential beneficiaries to the EIBSS. The ongoing Infected Blood Inquiry may also direct potential beneficiaries to the Scheme. Medical professionals within the National Health Service have also been made aware of the EIBSS to inform patients who may be eligible.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.