Private Rented Housing: Energy

Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy written question – answered at on 1 February 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alan Whitehead Alan Whitehead Shadow Minister (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Climate Change), Shadow Minister (Climate Change and Net Zero)

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what support is available to private landlords whose property is energy efficiency Band F or G, and has an exemption from Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards, to reduce their property’s carbon emissions.

Photo of Greg Hands Greg Hands The Minister of State, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

If a privately rented EPC F/G property has an exemption from MEES then it could be eligible for Sustainable Warmth funding (as the landlord has met the regulations by applying successfully as an exemption). The householder must be on a low income and funding depends on geographical location. Southampton City Council has been successful in securing LAD3 funding under the Sustainable Warmth competition.

For low-income tenants in on-gas grid properties, the landlord must contribute at least one third of the total cost of upgrading the property within the relevant cost caps.

The Boiler Upgrade Scheme, expected to launch in April this year, will provide grants to property owners, including private landlords, for the installation of low carbon heating technologies such as heat pumps. [The property must have a valid EPC which does not have outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation.]

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.