Private Rented Housing: Energy

Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy written question – answered at on 1 February 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Alan Whitehead Alan Whitehead Shadow Minister (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (Energy and Climate Change), Shadow Minister (Climate Change and Net Zero)

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what support is available for private renters whose home is in energy efficiency Band F or G, and has an exemption from Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards, to reduce their energy bills.

Photo of Greg Hands Greg Hands The Minister of State, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

Support is available to upgrade homes where tenants in the private rented sector are on a low income.

Under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) private renters in F and G homes, in receipt of certain benefits, are eligible for solid wall insulation and renewable heating measures, as these measures are expected to exceed landlords cost caps to improve the energy efficiency of their property.

Under the Local Authority Delivery scheme and the Home Upgrade Grant, privately rented EPC F and G rated properties with a MEES regulations exemption, can receive funding provided tenants meet the low income eligibility criteria. Landlords must contribute one third of the total cost of the energy efficiency and low carbon upgrades.

Financial support with energy bills is also available to eligible households through the Warm Home Discount, Winter Fuel Payment and Cold Weather Payment.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.