Coronavirus: Screening

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 19th January 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Anna McMorrin Anna McMorrin Shadow Minister (Justice)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if his Department will take steps to refund people who have paid for PCR tests but who have not received results from (a) Test n Go and (b) 1010 Labs; and if he will take steps to remove those companies from the Government's recommendations on GOV.UK.

Photo of Maggie Throup Maggie Throup The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Consumers requiring a refund from a private test provider should contact the provider in the first instance. The Government does not endorse, recommend or approve any private test provider. Those on the GOV.UK list have demonstrated compliance with the Government's minimum standards and may be removed on a precautionary basis pending investigation if they breach these standards.

For reasons of commercial sensitivity, we are unable to release information which would, or would be likely to, prejudice the commercial interests of any entity. To list the names of companies that have been subject to corrective measures and the subsequent actions undertaken could undermine confidence in those providers and prejudice their commercial interests.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.