Chad: Internally Displaced People

Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office written question – answered at on 13 January 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lyn Brown Lyn Brown Shadow Minister (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, what steps she is taking to help support people displaced in Chad following recent violence in Cameroon over fishing, pastoral, and agricultural resources.

Photo of Vicky Ford Vicky Ford Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office)

We are aware of the recent influx of Cameroonian refugees into Chad and continue to monitor this. The UK is providing life-saving humanitarian support through the UN's Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) for protection and basic needs.

We are concerned by instances of intercommunal violence in the Far North of Cameroon, and the impact this has on communities across the Lake Chad Basin. We urge all to engage in dialogue to de-escalate the situation, and ensure delivery of vital humanitarian assistance.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.