Hong Kong: British National (Overseas)

Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office written question – answered on 14th January 2022.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mike Kane Mike Kane Shadow Minister (Transport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what steps she is taking to help ensure that people who have arrived in the UK through the Hong Kong British National (Overseas) route can access their Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund from the UK using a British National (Overseas) passport.

Photo of Amanda Milling Amanda Milling Minister of State (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office)

Hong Kong's Mandatory Provident Fund Authority is unfairly disrupting people's livelihoods by refusing to accept the BN(O) visa when Hong Kongers apply for early withdrawal of their pensions. This is preventing Hong Kongers from accessing funds they are entitled to. The Government has raised our concerns with the relevant Hong Kong authorities.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.