Alcoholic Drinks: Drugs

Home Office written question – answered on 9th November 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Catherine West Catherine West Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what discussions she has had with the Metropolitan Police on the rise of drink spiking cases in hospitality and entertainment venues.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean The Minister of State, Home Department, The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department

The reports of the spiking of drinks with illegal substances, and of other attacks on individuals in nighttime venues, are of course concerning. This is an ongoing matter which the police are investigating. There are regular discussions with the police on this issue.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.