Visual Impairment: Health Services

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 4th November 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Nick Brown Nick Brown Chair, Finance Committee (Commons), Chair, Finance Committee (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, which Minister is responsible for improving the (a) prevention and (b) treatment of sight loss conditions.

Photo of Maria Caulfield Maria Caulfield The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

I am the Minister with responsibility for primary eye care services, including the National Health Service sight testing service, which can detect conditions that can lead to sight loss.

My hon. Friend the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Vaccines and Public Health (Maggie Throup MP) is responsible for prevention which includes the diabetic retinopathy screening programme and tackling known causes of sight loss such as smoking and obesity.

In addition, my hon. Friend the Minister of State for Health (Edward Argar MP) is responsible for hospital services, including hospital eye care services which provides treatment for sight loss conditions.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.