Diplomatic Service

Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office written question – answered on 25th October 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Garnier Mark Garnier Chair, Committees on Arms Export Controls, Chair, Committees on Arms Export Controls

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, whether her Department has given consular assistance to the (a) Director of Public Prosecutions or senior CPS officials and (b) Director of the Serious Fraud Office or senior SFO officials in support of any investigations being undertaken by those offices in the last 12 months.

Photo of Amanda Milling Amanda Milling Minister of State (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office)

The FCDO provides consular assistance to British Nationals overseas on a case by case basis. We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 2018. We cooperate with other government departments and public authorities - including the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) - in relation to those cases where necessary and may release information to them in accordance with relevant exemptions. More information on consular assistance can be found in the publicly available document "Support for British Nationals Abroad - A Guide" (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-british-nationals-abroad-a-guide) and on how personal data is stored and processed in our consular privacy notice: (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fcdo-privacy-notice-consular-services-in-the-uk-and-at-british-embassies-high-commissions-and-consulates-overseas).

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.