Earwax: Medical Treatments

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 16th September 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Catherine West Catherine West Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will provide people on low incomes with financial assistance to pay for the removal of earwax build-up.

Photo of Edward Argar Edward Argar Minister of State (Department of Health and Social Care)

General practitioner (GP) practices offer National Health Service ear wax syringing services if they consider it clinically necessary or the patient will be referred to an appropriate local NHS service depending on the arrangements in place in the local area. The NHS would not charge eligible patients who need this treatment. GP practices are increasingly recommending self-care methods as the primary means to support the safe removal of ear wax. Local commissioners are responsible for meeting the health needs of their local population and should continue to ensure there is appropriate access to ear wax services.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.