Coronavirus: Vaccination

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 14th July 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Damien Moore Damien Moore Conservative, Southport

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what plans his Department has to help ensure that people who took part in covid-19 vaccination trials are able to correctly log their vaccine doses on their medical records for the purposes of foreign travel.

Photo of Nadhim Zahawi Nadhim Zahawi Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy), The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

The Government is working with clinical research sites to add participant information of COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials into the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS), in order to allow participants to access their COVID Pass for events and travel purposes.

Participants of trials which have been unblinded, including those who received unlicensed vaccines, will be able to obtain a COVID Pass for international travel based on their vaccination status, with details of their vaccine records accessible within their COVID Pass, once these are available on NIMS.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.