Visas: Boarding Schools

Home Office written question – answered on 19th July 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Kilclooney Lord Kilclooney Crossbench

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether students from the EU are required to apply for visas in order to enrol in boarding schools in Northern Ireland.

Photo of Baroness Williams of Trafford Baroness Williams of Trafford The Minister of State, Home Department

Since freedom of movement ended on 31 December 2020, EEA nationals travelling to the UK for the first time to enrol on a course of 6 months or longer at an independent school in the UK, including those with boarding facilities in Northern Ireland, are required to apply for a visa under the Student or Child Student routes.

Irish citizens in the UK have the right to reside, work, study, and access healthcare, social security and public services without requiring permission.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.