Housing: Building Alterations

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 25th May 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Pritchard Mark Pritchard Conservative, The Wrekin

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, what plans he has to allow the extension of existing residential properties for enabling family members to move in for social care purposes.

Photo of Eddie Hughes Eddie Hughes Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

Under the householder permitted development rights (set out in The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (as amended) homeowners are already able to add extensions to their properties to create additional living space.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.