Road Traffic Control

Department for Transport written question – answered at on 27 April 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of James Daly James Daly Conservative, Bury North

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what Government support is available to support the provision of (a) fixed speed cameras and (b) other traffic calming measures in (i) Bury North constituency and (ii) England.

Photo of Rachel Maclean Rachel Maclean Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport)

The Department provides £258 million/year (£260 million in 21/22) to local highways authorities in England, outside London, through the Integrated Transport Block for small scale transport schemes, including road safety measures. The Integrated Transport Block is not ring-fenced, allowing authorities to spend their allocations according to their own priorities. It is therefore for each authority to decide how it allocates its resources and which transport improvement projects to support.

Bury Council is part of the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA), which retains an increased proportion of business rates in 2021-22 in place of the Integrated Transport Block.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.