Health: Disadvantaged

Department of Health and Social Care written question – answered on 27th April 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Dan Jarvis Dan Jarvis Labour, Barnsley Central

To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what steps his Department is taking to tackle health inequalities experienced by people living in (a) Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council and (b) South Yorkshire.

Photo of Jo Churchill Jo Churchill The Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Health and Social Care

Public Health England (PHE) work alongside the Director of Public Health in Barnsley as well as across the local authority and partners, to help provide evidence, specialist expertise and jointly developed programmes targeted at tackling health inequalities. PHE also carry out this work across South Yorkshire.

PHE is jointly leading on a programme of work to tackle health inequalities with the Yorkshire and Humber Association of Directors of Public Health, for example by providing additional specialist senior level capacity to lead on the inclusive economies’ agenda specifically in Barnsley and South Yorkshire.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.