St Vincent and the Grenadines: Volcanoes

Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office written question – answered on 19th April 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lisa Nandy Lisa Nandy Shadow Foreign Secretary

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs, what steps his Department is taking to help facilitate the evacuation of UK nationals from St Vincent following the La Soufrière volcano eruption.

Photo of Nigel Adams Nigel Adams Minister of State (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office)

There are a small number of British nationals currently in St Vincent and the Grenadines. We supported 7 British Nationals who took up the offer of a transfer from St Vincent to St Maarten on a Royal Caribbean ship. To meet the ship and assist these British Nationals on arrival in St Maarten on 17 April a UK Rapid Deployment Team travelled to St Maarten on 16 April. British Nationals in the area should continue to follow the advice of local authorities and are encouraged to contact the FCDO if they need consular assistance. British Nationals can contact the FCDO via phone and should sign up online for updates on FCDO Travel Advice for St Vincent and the Grenadines and for Barbados. Those in need of assistance can also contact Consular officials at the British High Commission in Bridgetown.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.