Social Security Benefits: Temporary Accommodation

Department for Work and Pensions written question – answered on 15th March 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bambos Charalambous Bambos Charalambous Opposition Whip (Commons), Shadow Minister (Home Office)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what estimate she has made of the number of people in receipt of income-based jobseekers allowance who are unable to migrate to Universal Credit as they are living in temporary accommodation.

Photo of Will Quince Will Quince The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

Claimants on income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance can make a claim for Universal Credit if they believe that they will be better off. Claimants should check carefully their eligibility and entitlements under Universal Credit before applying as legacy benefits will end when claimants submit their claim and they will not be able to return to them in the future.

Claimants that are living in temporary accommodation can continue to receive housing support through Housing Benefit alongside Universal Credit.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.