Buildings: Insulation

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 15th March 2021.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chi Onwurah Chi Onwurah Shadow Minister (Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy), Shadow Minister (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)

To ask the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, whether housing management agencies can apply for funding to pay for (a) waking watch measures and (b) removal of unsafe cladding without consulting leaseholders.

Photo of Christopher Pincher Christopher Pincher Minister of State (Housing, Communities and Local Government)

We expect responsible entities (such as a management agency appointed by the building owner) to inform all leaseholders and residents if they apply for Government funding. Responsible entities also should provide regular updates to leaseholders and residents on the progress of their funding application and works. This is set out clearly in the prospectus and applications guidance for the Private Sector ACM Remediation Fund, the Building Safety Fund and the Waking Watch Relief Fund, available at:

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.